OPEN POSITIONS – We are hiring!
We are hiring people for our Circus collective “ConTakt”! We are an international contemporary circus collective, which created and toured with two different shows for the past three seasons.
What are we looking for?
– Production assistent
– Performing acrobat (base)
– Light technician
Assisting our group mainly with the following tasks
- Research of possible show opportunities (festivals, self-organized venues, etc.)
- Booking management: Initial contact, negotiating conditions, being the main contact for festival organisers.
- Regular meetings with the team to update each other
- Tour management – everything that needs to be done in advance (schedules, accommodation, communication with venue, tech logistics), sometimes you travel also on site with the performers (depending on budget).
- Experience in producing circus shows and a background as an artist are a plus
- Experience and readiness to work with the online tools we use (mainly onedrive, slack, clockify)
- You are pro-active, enjoy networking, you are good at keeping an overview and like organising and structuring information.
- Ideally you have experience in project management, are connected in the performing arts field and have produced or helped with producing shows before.
- Several languages are a plus.
Performing Acrobat: Base
ConTakt circus is an international circus collective with a touring outdoor show named “Foley”. In November we adapt the show to an indoor theater version and we are looking for a new member to join our creation phase and winter tour for ”AUX”.
You will be a member of a team of six contemporary circus artists: 5 acrobats (partner acrobatics, group acrobatics) and one musician (beatboxing, instruments, looping).
You are mainly an acrobatic base, that is not scared of flying every once in a while. You have a background in circus partner acrobatics and solid experience with the following skills: Dynamic hand-to-hand tricks, 3high (basing), swinging, banquine.
As the acrobatics in our current show is very intertwined with music, you need to have a solid understanding and feeling for rhythms and harmonies. Ideally you play an instrument (doesn’t have to be on professional level).
Experience and readiness to work with the online tools we use (mainly onedrive, slack, clockify, signal, zoom) and take care of some paid organisational tasks.
Availability for these tour dates
Creation: 16th to 27th of November
- Salzburg, 5th to 10th of December (including travel)
- Kufstein, Jan 26th to Feb 2nd (including travel)
- Possibly a third period in the January/February 2023
Contract based, payment per show/series of shows or per hour (for organisation)
Please send us your CV, a motivational letter and video references of your previous works until 31.08.2022 to email@example.com.
ConTakt circus is an international circus collective with a touring outdoor show named “Foley”. In November we adapt the show to an indoor theater version – for that we need a light technician to work with us and create a light concept.
Creating a light concept from scratch, that fits our new indoor show and is easy and general enough, so we can apply it to different locations without the need of a technician travelling with us.
Experience in creating light concepts for contemporary circus shows (or similar).
About 3-4 days, most probably 23rd to 26th of November